Founded by fintech executives from LearnVest, N26 and Stash and backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew and Inspired Capital, Orum is powering the future of financial services by enabling immediate, frictionless money movement. Orum's API-based product gives enterprise customers unique funds availability modeling, empowering them with the information required to shift to real-time payments, and then grants access to real-time payment rails without necessitating a bank integration. Orum’s flagship product, Foresight is currently available via Private Beta.
We are seeking a senior product manager to join our small and growing product team. This person will be responsible for planning, developing and commercializing our next generation money movement platform. You will lay the groundwork for building our novel account structure, incorporate data and liquidity modeling into transaction infrastructure, and establish reporting that provides a smooth payment experience and accurate settlements. We expect this person to be able to carry a project from inception to completion, by taking ownership of the outcome and collaborating with leadership and key stakeholders. You will create an end-to-end vision for the product experience across sales through compliance.
The ideal candidate will be curious to apply new learning, bring good vibes to the team daily, and is adept at collaborating and influencing across a variety of organizational functions. You would be joining a small team of expert technologists and business people excited to be changing the experience of moving money in the US for everyone. You don’t need to match our practices and culture, as you’ll help to define it. We pride ourselves on diversity and creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons.
As a Senior member of the Product team, you will:
• Work across the company to build a complete vision for payment products. This includes designing features and user experience, incorporating data and risk models, and commercializing the products for launch into the market.
• Work side-by-side with engineers to build a project plan that favors iterative delivery and incorporates early feedback.
• Interface with key partners such as processing banks to deeply understand their requirements to negotiate and incorporate them into the overall product plan
• Connect with early customers to reflect their requirements and feedback into the firs releases of the product
• Drive and set product roadmaps based on data, long-term product vision, user needs, research, stakeholder needs, and market trends.
• Translate inputs and business needs into detailed user stories for engineering teams to execute
• Experiment and iterate on the product development process as well as the product itself.
• Collaborate intimately with internal teams. We expect you to contribute and make our company better!
• You have 5+ years of experience as a product manager (2+ in payments) of a B2C or B2B product, ideally both.
• You understand the complexity of payment systems and the variance among different schemes, in particular the ACH system and Nacha rules
• You have an understanding of data modeling and incorporating models into payment systems.
• You are prepared to make decisions with imperfect information, know how to lead without authority and are comfortable managing ambiguity and complexity.
• You have a blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
• You are a strong communicator on technical topics and you are willing to analyze data and assist with technical trade-offs when needed.
• You are comfortable working in - and driving - an agile process, and you are not afraid to experiment with the product to find the right answers.
• You want to work in a very fast-paced and fluid small-team environment at a growing company.
This is a unique, exciting opportunity to own a significant area of business with a flagship product for Orum. We are looking for Product Managers who thrive by working directly with engineering and data scientist teams.
We offer medical, dental and vision health plans, as well as other benefits including a 401K