Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $3 billion in consumer credit and achieved $100 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 3 short years 10 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products and join a team of 300 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
- Work closely with the CCO, the Upgrade capital markets team and other members of the Risk team to review and enhance Upgrade's underwriting practice (credit policy, criteria, and model use) to achieve results within Upgrade's credit risk tolerance.
- Present to Upgrade’s investors and loan buyers results and rationale of product, segment, and credit policy changes:
- o Accommodate buy-box or asset purchase variations to develop pro-forma with expected loss and economic outcomes
- o Develop loan tapes or performance data sets that support investor and asset strategy
- Collaborate with the investor sales team to provide best-in-class investor experience to build strong relationships with loan buyers and institutional investors
- Collaborate with other members of the Risk team to actively propose and/or review credit expansion and/or tightening efforts, clearly presenting, and discussing alternatives, advantages, and disadvantages based on supporting data and industry experience.
- Collaborate with other members of the Risk team to review proposed changes with Product, Marketing, and other stakeholders, balancing the full breadth of non-credit issues in final decisions.
- Develop and manage periodic reporting to the Credit Risk Committee and the Upgrade Investor Team
- Develop loss forecasts to reflect credit policy and or segmentation changes
- Present key underwriting and front-end performance metrics and results to Executive management.
- 5+ years in consumer credit risk or investor support role at a financial institution (Fintech lender experience preferred) or an asset management firm
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, VBA, Python, R, Tableau or SAS
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Good judgment and excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and a strong client service orientation
- Business-focused mindset with a demonstrated ability to take ownership and resolve issues with minimal supervision
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and recognize and focus on critical issues
- Flexibility to prioritize, balance and respond to competing needs within the organization
- Strong proven analytic skill set
- Great OPEN office location!
- Conveniently located in San Francisco Financial District
- Close to BART and Public Transportation
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, & vision
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats
- Social gatherings / happy hours