Harbor is a financial technology company that has set out to make trade finance a more streamlined and accessible product for businesses around the world. Through our proprietary platform, we provide working capital to buyers and suppliers through receivables finance and supply chain finance programs.
We are hiring an experienced underwriter and portfolio manager to join our team. The ideal candidate is an analytical thinker, capable of working in a collaborative and dynamic environment. Harbor is growing and evolving, we are seeking a true team-player capable of wearing different hats when necessary.
- Review prospective client financials and perform detailed credit analysis in accordance with established underwriting guidelines
- Perform KYC and sanction checks
- Vet client documentation, properly analyze non-financials and identify best practices for risk assessment in unique circumstances
- Use professional techniques and strategies to calculate the risk associated with trade finance programs
- Prepare underwriting Info Memos for presentation to Credit Committee
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects to support underwriting and other operational functions as required
- General Bookkeeping
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, accounting, applied finance or related field
- Strong math, computer, and analytical skills
- Solid organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to use reasonable and sound judgment.
- Ability to multitask and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Previous experience in risk management and/or portfolio management with formal credit training
- Proficient in Spanish preferred