We are seeking a Digital Project Manager to join our embedded product design team working on a Fintech CRM integration. You will be joining a team mid-phase with 3 UX designers and a UX writer, at a time when teams are splitting into working pods.
- Work on a collaborative team helping a global finance client reach their tech integration and user adoption goals for their first two product release cycles.
- Be the connective thread between various team “pods” by attending all meetings and communicating cross-functional details to other pods.
- Utilize listening and thinking skills to recognize when requirements are shifting, anticipate problems and align all pods through communication or full team meetings.
- Introduce and document best practices in project management for studio adoption
This position is a full-time, remote 6-month engagement starting June 2021 with opportunity for continuation. Applicants must live in a timezone +/- 2 hrs to ET. Language Dept. is New York based and all client meetings are scheduled in ET timezone; 8am meetings are common. We do not provide visa sponsorship; applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
As a Project Manager on this project, you can expect to…
- Understand the strategy and ideas for a project to facilitate the organization of those concepts into a clear framework throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop clear and detailed project timelines, dependencies, milestones and tasks for concurrent pods.
- Create and manage functional specs documentation along with project team members, and ensure requirements are feasible with available resources.
- Demonstrate active problem resolution in order to ensure smooth project process and resolve schedule conflicts.
- Manage team calendar, weekly planning, and meeting notes.
- Lead effective client calls and internal meetings complete with agendas and documented next steps/key decisions.
- Manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback.
- Actively engage leadership regarding deliverables and timing expectations to support a balanced workload for the studio.
- Recap and create debriefs for completed sprints; facilitate discussions on lessons learned and new knowledge gained.
We’d love to talk more if you have…
- 4+ years experience working with cross-functional product design and engineering teams
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication
- Great problem-solving ability within a high-intake environment
- Experience managing project resource needs and allocations throughout the duration of the project lifecycle
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and product design lifecycles
- Understanding of a CRM system like D365, Salesforce, or other service and sales platforms
- Experience implementing a project management tool or system to schedule deliverables, tasks, etc.
- A passion for contributing to systems, an attention to and love of details, and excellent organizational and time management skills
- A desire to contribute to a collaborative environment through giving and growing from constructive feedback
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience within Fintech or Sales
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure Dev Ops
- Working knowledge of Dynamics 365, Microsoft Fluent design system, or Microsoft Power Platform
About Language Dept.
Language Dept. is a strategy-focused design practice moving teams and ideas forward. We work across industries, in the space of change—change for our clients as they meet their next growth challenges, and change for their communities as they engage with their mission. From health and wellness, to productivity tools, to architecture, design, and smart cities, what bonds our work is our clients’ belief in design to raise the standard for human experience.
The success of our practice hinges on how well we collaborate internally and externally, so we look for collaborators who share our values in their work.
Does this sound like you?
- Curious You seek to understand the goals behind every project and to communicate with a large range of positions, people, personalities and roles both internal and external.
- Insightful You listen openly and ask questions that are both conceptual and practical to drive projects from ambiguity to clarity.
- Systematic You have a sharp attention to detail and watch for gaps or changes.
- Adaptive You are a continuous learner. You believe that part of being a creative professional is expanding your perspective along with your skill set.
- Collaborative You believe in the power of combined skills, collective experiences and diverse perspectives. You foster an environment of shared accountability with an “in it together” mindset.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a contract position with future opportunity for extension or permanent position with benefits.
Language Dept. believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are the foundation to inclusive design solutions. Language Dept. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented minorities in tech to apply. Language Dept. is a certified Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE).
How to apply
Please email a letter of interest and qualifications with your CV to email@example.com. We'll follow up within 2 days to confirm your application is received. Applicants meeting criteria will have a screening interview with a Language Dept. Principal, followed by a group interview with the team.