About the job
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Do you want to be a part of an international, growing Compliance team that wants to revolutionize the financial industry? Klarna is looking for new members to strengthen the Compliance Team. We are looking for a Compliance Specialist to be based in Toronta, Canada.
Your Day-to-day Responsibilities Will Include
- Supporting the Compliance Team in their activities, including administration and communication with regulators (e.g. registering regulatory engagement, and preparing regulatory notifications and reports) and coordination (e.g. obtaining responses to regulatory requests for information)
- Creating and updating guidelines, policies, instructions and routines within the compliance field
- Enhancing AML policies and practices, monitoring and testing AML processes
- Monitoring regulatory developments within Klarna’s business areas
- Interpreting and implementing new and modified regulations
- Advising the business on all compliance related matters
- Sharing knowledge and educating on regulatory requirements, and contributing to ongoing competence throughout Klarna by providing information and training
- Tracking and reviewing Klarna’s adherence to regulations and ensuring good compliance governance within the business
- Preventing and identifying compliance risks, and preparing risk analyses
- Taking part in development projects for new products and services
- Preparing, implementing, and maintaining compliance plans
- Preparing and coordinating internal and external reports
- 3+ years relevant work experience within the financial services sector
- legal education and experience is a huge plus
- and most importantly – you should be passionate about compliance
Specific Experience Is Also Desirable With
- payment services and systems
- knowledge and/or experience with relevant legislation and regulation is an asset (i.e. FINTRAC (Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada), the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada ("FCAC"), the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada ("OSFI")
- operating within a best-in-class compliance management system
- conducting ongoing active compliance monitoring and testing
- compliance plan creation and execution
- experience with FinTech firms is also considered advantageous
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.