Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $4 billion in consumer credit and achieved $125 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 4 short years 12 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card or loan.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products and join a team of 450 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
- Lead the Upgrade product design team
- Shape the internal design process, systems and standards
- Partner closely with product, engineering and other stakeholders to drive toward business objectives through the development and implementation of top quality designs
- Create flows, prototypes and high-fidelity visuals for features and brand assets
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure alignment of vision and quality implementation
- Incorporate data analytics, user testing and research to inform and validate design decisions and focus on constant improvement
- Incorporate UI/UX best practices in website design and layout, and adapt designs for mobile formats and responsive design
- Build visual campaigns from start to finish and implement across all acquisition channels
- Develop longer-term creative strategy for Upgrade’s marketing communications
- Proven track record of design leadership
- Experience in Fintech / eCommerce a plus
- Background in graphic design, HCI, and 7-10 years of design experience
- Deep expertise in designing for desktop, mobile web and native platforms
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision and other prototyping tools
- Ability to drive organizational alignment with designers, strategists, managers, product and technologists
- Ability to communicate design rationale to internal team and other stakeholders
- Ability to drive the design process through all phases of the product development lifecycle, from concept through implementation and post-launch monitoring
- Deep knowledge of the full user experience design process
- Portfolio demonstrating excellence in product design
Benefits / Perks:
- Designer office with amazing views of the bay
- Comprehensive benefit package: medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible working environment
- Conveniently located in San Francisco Financial District
- Close to BART and public transportation
- Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks and treats
- In office game rooms, yoga room, and abundance of lounge space
- Monthly social gatherings