Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $4 billion in consumer credit and achieved $125 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 4 short years 12 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card or loan.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products and join a team of 450 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
- Work closely with members of the Risk team, to review and enhance Upgrade's underwriting and portfolio management practice (strategy, credit policy, and model use) to achieve results within Upgrade's credit risk tolerance;
- Under direction from senior team members, develop data-driven originations strategies, line management strategies, and support loss forecasting;
- Perform periodic loan performance evaluation and reporting; ensure data integrity;
- Document policy and procedural changes.
- 3+ years in consumer credit risk role at a financial institution (FinTech lender experience preferred)
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, VBA, Python, R, Tableau or SAS
- Detail oriented and strong analytic skillset
- Good judgment and excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive, driven, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Benefits / Perks:
- Designer office with amazing views of the bay
- Comprehensive benefit package: medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible working environment
- Conveniently located in San Francisco Financial District
- Close to BART and public transportation
- Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks and treats
- In office game rooms, yoga room, and abundance of lounge space
- Monthly social gatherings