Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $4 billion in consumer credit and achieved $125 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 4 short years 12 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card or loan.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products to join a team of over 450 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
- Perform complex anti-money laundering and fraud investigations, generated from both automated transaction monitoring alerts or referrals from business partners.
- Analyze and research accounts and customer relationships to detect & investigate potentially suspicious activity, fully documenting research and results.
- Prepare case files and draft narratives for external reporting.
- Perform ongoing monitoring and documented reviews of customers through the Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) program.
- Perform QC reviews of investigations completed by other analysts.
- Identify and implement opportunities to streamline and automate financial crimes investigations functions.
- 2+ years of financial crimes experience, experience working at a FinTech or start-up is a plus. CAMS, CFE, or CGSS certifications are a plus.
- Experience in AML, fraud, or sanctions alert closure and/or investigations
- SAR-writing experience
- Transaction monitoring scenario creation/maintenance
- Experience documenting process requirements and developing reporting
- Sense of ownership and responsibility towards problem solving
Benefits / Perks:
- Our office space exceeds OSHA and CDC guidelines for workspaces amidst COVID-19. This is an in office job and work from home is not regularly offered.
- Benefits, Perks & the fun stuff:
- Great OPEN office environment!
- Conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Phoenix
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & disability
- Paid parking or platinum pass
- Close to light rail and public transportation
- New Hire Training Program
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats