SimplyWise is a FinTech empowering better decisions for modern retirement. As the US population ages, more Americans than ever are facing difficult decisions around how to navigate their retirement savings, benefits, and healthcare. They’re tech-savvy and looking for solutions tailored to their needs -- and that’s where we come in. We help people take control of their finances today so they can take advantage of all the possibilities of their next chapter.
We’re an experienced team of builders who’ve founded startups and worked with some of the largest financial institutions and companies in the world. We’re backed by leading investors QED (known for Capital One, Credit Karma, SoFi, NuBank, Remitly, Avant, etc.) and Village Global (backed by Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and more).
We are rapidly growing and looking for a talented Frontend Engineer to join our team to build out our mobile & web applications for our "Smart Filing Cabinet" (see simplywise.com for more details). You will report to the CTO (ex-Palantir), and work directly with the founding team to scope, architect, and implement new product features. You will also be responsible for driving the architectural direction of our mobile (React Native + Expo) codebase, including decisions around testing, development workflow, and the release process. You're an owner and a self-starter, and excited about the opportunity to grow with this role. Equally, you know when to ask questions and collaborate on design and implementation with your colleagues. You’re opinionated yet humble, and are passionate about building products that really help people.
What you'll do
- Contribute to our mobile application/frontend by developing new features and handling bug fixes/user feedback
- Collaborate on scoping out features from their inception to the technical execution with the entire founding team
- Design & implement new front-end features & continue developing a common component library/design system across the product to improve organization and reusability
- Build ownership in developing and improving all aspects of our app/frontend stack (development, testing, CI/CD, automation, and architecture)
- Handle the release process for both iOS and Android (Apple App Store, Google Play Store)
- Collaborate with the CTO on the product roadmap/stack-wide technical decisions
- Strong technical/engineering background in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics, or equivalent experience
- Experience with React & the associated toolchain (Webpack, Babel, etc.). React Native experience is preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in ES6 & TypeScript, or demonstrated willingness to learn
- Solid UI/UX development and unit testing skills
- Particularly awesome:
- Experience designing cross-platform CI pipelines using Fastlane
- Familiarity with the native app development toolchain, including XCode, Android Studio, TestFlight, code-signing & provisioning, etc.
- Familiarity or willingness to learn about design tools, including Figma & Adobe AfterEffects
Who you are
- A rigorous engineer. You write clean, effective code and communicate technical ideas clearly & concisely, often with a diagram.
- An executor. You’re not obsessed with finding the optimal solution up-front, but are able to prioritize moving fast to get things out the door.
- A builder. You cherish the challenge of being part of an early-stage team and welcome the ambiguity that comes with it.
- Equally product-driven and mission-driven. You believe making the best products requires empathizing and building with the user in mind. You care about creating a product that will benefit millions of people.
Why work with us
- Make an impact on millions of Americans
- Competitive salary & equity + awesome benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Sessions with our investors and advisors
- Influence the technical/strategic direction of an early-stage product
- Bias for listening. Our users are at the heart of what we do. Engaging with and understanding them is how we can build the best products, so every member of our team handles customer service.
- Shipping is winning. By iterating and experimenting every day, in every element of our work, we can drive small wins that improve our service in big ways.
- Weirdos welcome! Diverse voices are our competitive advantage. We strive to build an inclusive team whose members have different experiences and backgrounds.
SimplyWise is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in empowering everyone through our products and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. Unfortunately, we cannot sponsor H1Bs at this time; applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis.