About The Team
Varo’s Product Team is a cornerstone of the culture and the app experiences that our customers interact with on a daily basis. We’re responsible for making sure the products we ship provide innovative solutions that solve real problems for people.
We appreciate the value of getting into the mental models of our customers and out of our offices. We bring together cross-functional teams to act on a combination of qualitative and quantitative data to meet our customer needs and commercial plans. We thrive on feedback and push to always up our game—but try to never take ourselves too seriously.
About The Role
We are seeking a Payments Product Lead to create, lead and deliver our person to person payments roadmap. Your objective will be to rapidly expand our payments capabilities to meet core customer needs.
What You'll Do
- Use your deep payments expertise to establish a vision and roadmap for Varo Payments
- Create thought-leadership and evangelize payments across the organization, as well as to establish Varo externally as an important voice in the Payments industry
- Own the performance of Varo’s payments product suite: optimizing for meeting customer needs in terms of speed, convenience and access, while controlling for fraud, operational costs and cost of any 3rd party solutions
- Work with leaders across data, engineering, design, UXR, marketing, risk and ops to create innovative products for our customer base
- Establish commercial goals and KPIs for Payments, through analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Use data to optimize product performance, and identify opportunities
- Lead product managers who will be responsible for driving product initiatives from inception through launch and beyond
SKILS AND EXPERIENCES THAT'LL HELP MAKE YOU GREAT
- Deep experience with the payments industry and passion for pushing the boundaries of payments technology
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather, structure and analyze data to create targets, monitor performance and build product recommendations
- Ability to influence, negotiate and drive performance with stakeholders across the organization
- You understand Varo’s customer base and are keen to build payments solutions that work for all customers, regardless of their background
- Strong execution capability, with experience of driving multiple products to market and to scale
- Be excited by working at a growth-stage company
- You have 10+ years of experience in payments product leadership or payments technology