LendingClub Corporation (NYSE: LC) is the parent company of LendingClub Bank, National Association, Member FDIC, and the only full-spectrum fintech marketplace bank. Members can gain access to a broad range of financial products and services through a technology-driven platform, designed to help them pay less when borrowing and earn more when saving. Since 2007, more than 3 million members have joined the Club to help reach their financial goals. We’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality. Come join us!
About the Role
Our Infrastructure team is made up of talented and enthusiastic individuals who have a huge amount of experience in the running, managing and scaling of large-scale web operations and systems administration. The team works closely with the rest of our Engineering organization to ensure that the platform powering LendingClub remains reliable, performant and secure, 24x7.
As Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will take an active role in designing and building the infrastructure, tools, and services delivering Lending Club’s next generation cloud platform. You will be challenged with everything from infrastructure tooling, automation, build and deployment pipelines, monitoring and logging architecture, containerization and more. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
What You'll Do
- Design, build and evolve our production cloud infrastructure, strategically employing automation, and infrastructure-as-code (IaC). Use depth of cloud experience to put together elegant designs that the team will enjoy supporting.
- Expertise in incident and problem management including timely problem identification, successful resolution, and root-cause analysis.
- Keep abreast of company growth and industry trends and iterate on automated deployment, configuration, and monitoring.
- You will tackle hard problems to improve the platform’s reliability, resiliency, and scalability.
- Help your teammates by sharing knowledge, mentoring, and participating in our on-call rotation.
- Collaborate with partner teams automate, measure, and monitor internal products.
- Ensure service level objectives through proactive monitoring, custom tooling, and on-call support/troubleshooting.
- 5+ years of experience working directly with AWS Infrastructure services; AWS Certification preferred; strong knowledge of AWS services and security required.
- 7+ years of experience working in Infrastructure teams.
- Experience migrating from on premise to AWS.
- Proven knowledge of core AWS products and services (e.g. VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, WAF, IAM, Lambda), AWS (Iaas & Paas Components)
- Experience with automation frameworks/tools like Git, Jenkins, Terraform is a MUST.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes is a PLUS.
- You have experience supporting high traffic and public facing websites, applications, and services that span multiple data-centers and cloud environments.
- You possess exceptional communication skills - written and verbal and can communicate cross functionally with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You love problem solving and thrive in environments of both high collaboration and strong autonomy.
- Experience with one or more of Python, Bash or GoLang
- Experience with application delivery platforms for load balancing, caching, compression, application firewalling, reverse proxy, SSL termination, etc.
- Computer Science background and fundamentals.