Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. At the end of 2020, Investors had lent $15.2 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners globally. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
Are you looking for a role with high levels of accountability to drive business growth and profitability? The Commercial team is looking for a top-performing, smart and motivated leader to grow the US lending business.
The Head of Commercial is accountable for the US Borrower P&L, which involves coordinating with cross-functional teams to set and deliver ambitious growth and efficiency targets. Specific responsibilities include:
- Working very closely with the US Leadership Team to develop the US growth strategy and annual budget
- Collaborating with the Marketing, Customer Analytics, and Partnerships teams to develop a data-driven marketing and customer acquisition strategy and setting volume targets
- Ideating opportunities to realize step-change improvements in our end-to-end conversion with Product, Sales, and Loan Operations teams
- Leading efforts to prioritize key growth & efficiency initiatives and helping to allocate resources accordingly
- Driving all initiatives to completion and quickly removing roadblocks along the way
- Firefighting across the business and being adaptable to changes in priority/emergency support
- Leading a high-performance team to scope and deliver the highest value opportunities for the business
- Developing strong working relationships, founded on trust and respect, across the company to drive change
You will report directly into the US Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) and work closely with the US Managing Director. You will also have a small team reporting directly to you.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is:
- A leader: You’ll be expected to think like an owner -- bring your creativity, vision, and people skills to work with you every day to help identify and solve challenges, large and small.
- Autonomous: You’ll be asked to own and proactively resolve challenging business problems end-to-end, with limited guidance from your manager.
- A jack-of-all-trades: You’ll be expected to understand and work with all areas of the business, including operations, sales, marketing, product, customer analytics, and more.
- A team player: You’ll be expected to work with and empower stakeholders throughout the business (and across geographies).
- A data evangelist: You’ll be expected to be a rigorous, analytical, metrics- and data-driven decision-maker, who uses hypothesis-driven thinking to identify problems and drive them to solutions
- 7+ years experience working in strategy consulting, an operating role, or product marketing role in a high growth tech company
- Demonstrable experience in driving incremental revenue and profits in a commercial environment
- Top-rated people skills to lead teams without relying on direct reporting lines
- Experience or relevant work in the finance industry preferred but not necessary