About the job
At Lending Works, we are a growing business with big plans to disrupt and become the dominant force in UK consumer credit using a data-led approach to everything we do.
The purpose of this role is to support the growing Lending Works Credit Risk team, reporting into the Credit Risk Manager. This role will help with ensuring that the Credit Risk team are able to perform optimally in meeting their strategic, operational and regulatory targets. This is a small team currently, so every member of the team has a key role to play and will gain exposure to a wide range of credit risk opportunities. We are looking to create a diverse team with a range of complementary skill sets.
The ideal candidate will have a creative spirit, be a good problem solver and with a keen interest in analytics, and a great attitude towards their own work and team goals.
Part of our strategy is to automate every function in the business, so that we can transact significantly higher volume with a much smaller team; we intend to reach almost 1bn a year of lending with only ~120 people in the team. We are building a team of mathematicians and engineers rather than a team of administrators and operators.
- Support the Credit Risk function objectives/responsibilities with other required projects or ad-hoc tasks;
- Responsible for providing analysis and insight into the Credit Risk profile and maintaining a robust reporting suite;
- Generation of key management information to support business direction and ensure Risk Appetite objectives are met;
- Produce periodic Reporting and Management Information in a timely and accurate manner;
- Investigate and resolve a broad range of credit risk and data quality issues, collaborating with our development team and external parties where necessary;
- Use statistical analysis and modelling techniques to understand, along with commercial acumen, to interpret results and produce actionable recommendations.
Minimum Skill Requirements
- A graduate with a degree or higher in a numeric discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Science, Economics);
- Ability to interpret complex data and apply numerical techniques is key, and familiarity with statistical methods is expected.
- A love for data and knowledge of how to manipulate it with different tools such as SQL, PHP, Python or R;
- Ability to work on their own initiative, identifying areas of focus, with prioritisation of own workload is necessary. Strong communication skills with the ability to present data to non-technical audience; High attention to detail;
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to work as part of a team;
- A genuine interest in start-ups and the tech industry;
- Experience working with a financial services company (minimum 6 months).
- Experience of working within a credit risk team within a financial institution;
- Basic understanding of credit risk regulatory requirements;
- Basic understanding of dynamics of managing credit irks appetite;
- Experience in Tableau.